Pages

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Painted Roses

I love this painted rose decor, this was made by my mom(R.I.P) who loved roses as I do. she was always making and drawing them on her t-shirts,white sneakers,paper and other things, like her bedroom wall. I gave her this book that had a pattern inside it to draw these roses and transfer them to whatever you like, in this case it was this medium plastic board, she drew the roses with a black sharpie marker, and she pinted in the roses with red paint(acrylic) and once dried, she would use this as her clipboard when she would write out her grocery list, she had made smaller ones but had given them to a friend of hers who lived around the corner of her apartment. she even made ones for coasters, my dad would cut them the size she wanted and she drew the roses on them as well. After her paaing away I kept this because t was something of hers she made with her hands and it was very important to me. so it now hangs in my kitchen window and every now and then I take it down to use as my clipboard when I can't find something hard to write on. I hope you enjoy this. This can also be painted with puffy paint, as this had some of that on it to keep the roses from fading away when washed.
                                                                          In Memory of my Mother
                                                                             L.Dotson Oct 6, 2008

No comments:

Post a Comment